Thursday, July 03, 2008

analog / report magic on www

I want to:
  • stop using analog in my home directory (use analog in /usr/local /usr/bin)
  • move my webstats script to /user/web
  • specify dnscache location, etc., on the command line in the script (using variable names) rather than in analog.cfg (that way if I upgrade from dnstran 1.5.2 to 1.5.3 I only need to rename the path once: in the variable assignment in the script.)
  • use dnstran in /usr/local
also maybe
  • archive apache access logs in /var/log instead of /export/www/htdocs
then the webstats script should be run by user web. today it failed because user steve can no longer create analog reports in /export/www/htdocs/ (and maybe never should have been able to)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home