Friday, April 25, 2008

Lessons Learned

Yesterday I had one of the worst days at work in a long time.

Lessons learned:
  • I need to read my email more carefully. I have subscribed to so many newsletters etc. that I race through my emails and miss important points. This morning I unsubscribed from a half dozen, and will do more as time goes on.
  • I need to be quicker to ask questions or respond; procrastination caused me to a) miss an important htaccess password b) waste most of a day on the wrong approach when job requirements changed (without my input(!))
If I had emailed a sender which of two phone numbers to leave a voicemail on, I would have saved several rounds of frustrating emails (and looking really stupid) figuring out that I didn't have the right .htaccess password.

If I had questioned a surprising change in requirements up front, I could have saved a lot of pointless work (and, again, looking stupid).

Ah, me.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home